I’m in the final months of a 2-year training focused on MBSR (mindfulness-based stress reduction). As a part of my certification process, I’m launching a test course.
‘The mind can make a Heaven of Hell and a Hell of Heaven’.
I want to help you stay in Heaven with yourself, your loved ones and the rest of the world.
I believe that mindfulness is an excellent tool for that. The mindfulness-based stress reduction approach (MBSR) was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn back in 1979. Since then, more than 25,000 people have completed this evidence-based programme.
How can MBSR help you?
There are so many benefits to mindfulness. Here are some of them:
- Approach your life with more composure, energy, understanding and enthusiasm
- Develop the ability to cope more effectively with both short-term and long-term stressful situations
- Enhance your ability to manage and reduce pain levels
- Improve your focus, resilience, and capacity to recover more quickly from challenging events
- Learn how to find greater balance, ease, and peace of mind
You can read more about the official MBSR course here.
What is the course structure and commitment?
This course would run for a total of 8 weeks and 9 classes. The structure of the MBSR 8-week course:
- Orientation session on September 24, 19:00 – 20:30 (online on Zoom). You will learn more about the programme, ask questions, and make a final decision about whether this programme is right for you. This session is required for enrollment.
- 8 weekly classes (2 h 15 min each week on Zoom), from 19:00 till 21:15 Brussels time.
The dates are October 6, 12, 19, 27, November 3, 10, 17, 24. The classes are on Wednesdays, except one Tuesday.
- One All-day class of mindfulness on November 7 from 9:00 till 15:00 (online on Zoom)
- Daily home practice assignments for 45-60 minutes each day
- You must be willing to make a strong commitment to attend all classes and to practise daily home assignments for eight weeks.
The expected group size is 6 to 12 participants.
What is the cost?
This course will run as a test course as I look to adding it into my offerings. While course fees vary, a typical online MBSR course would start at around 300 euros. I offer this course on a donation basis, and the suggested donation is between 55 and 100 euros.
How to join, and what is the deadline to register?
Step 1: Fill out the form below before September 23 if you consider participating in the course.
Step 2: Attend the Orientation session. If for any reason you can’t attend but are still very motivated to participate in the course, please get in touch with me directly.