In person 8-week Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course
- Starting on March 5, 2023
- 8 weekly classes, on Sundays, from 10.00 to 12:30 CET
- Course dates: 5, 12, 19 March, 2, 16, 23, 30 April, 7 May (no session on 26 March and 9 April)
- Location: MM81, in Brussels (near metro Montgomery)
Do you feel overwhelmed or stressed out?
Are you facing concentration or sleeping problems?
Do you feel easily irritated?
Are you constantly tired or have a lack of energy?
Imagine you wake up in the morning feeling confident you can handle whatever the day throws at you. Of course, you might still experience stress, feel annoyed or be anxious at times, but these feelings don’t determine your life anymore. You feel calmer, you’re more focused, and you can enjoy the good things more.
Does this sound too good to be true? Practising mindfulness can bring such a shift towards greater mental and emotional wellbeing.
An 8-week mindfulness course is not a “quick fix, ” nor a miracle cure for everything. It is a training programme, in which you will learn mental skills and develop new habits and attitudes to deal more skilfully with life’s challenges.
You will discover how you unknowingly contribute to your stress and unhappiness. By putting in some practice, you can learn new and more helpful ways of dealing with difficult situations.
In 8 weeks, you will learn how to:
- Approach your life with more composure, energy, understanding and enthusiasm
- Develop the ability to cope more effectively with both short-term and long-term stressful situations, gaining insight into response rather than reaction
- Enhance your ability to manage and reduce pain levels
- Improve your focus, resilience, and capacity to recover more quickly from challenging events
- Learn how to access and cultivate a natural capacity to actively engage in caring for yourself and find greater balance, ease, and peace of mind
Save €50 with the early bird rate until 26 February
The 8-week programme
The aim of the programme is to acquire new ways of handling stress. You will learn to integrate mindfulness skills in your daily life. A few examples of these are:
- Finding peace in the midst of the turbulences of your life by learning to use your breath as an anchor
- Increasing your bodily awareness: using your body as a sensitive radar instead of an amplifier of stress
- Understanding the stress mechanisms: how automatic thoughts, body sensations and feelings reinforce each other and lead to being stressed out and overwhelmed
- Finding new ways of dealing with difficult thoughts and feelings and learning to shift to a more relaxed mode
- Awareness of your “early warning” stress symptoms
- Learning how to manage your energy better
- Cultivating inner qualities of compassion, gratitude and care for yourself and others
The majority of people completing the programme report lasting physical and psychological benefits, including:
- An increased ability to relax and to find inner calm
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Heightened self-confidence
- An increased ability to cope more effectively with stressful situations
- A greater sense of overall well being
- An improved sleep quality
- A better immune system
- 8 weekly, in-person group sessions of 2.5 hours (including a break), in English
- It is also recommended to follow one full-day class of mindfulness. Therefore participants can register for the Day of Nourishment on December 4th with a 30% discount. The day will offer a mix of guided practices as well as informal mindful moments (such as mindful walking and eating) that you can practice off the screen. The intensive nature of this full day is intended to assist you in firmly and effectively establishing the use of mindfulness skills across multiple situations in your life while simultaneously preparing you to utilize these methods far beyond the conclusion of the program.
- Programme based on the scientifically validated mindfulness-based stress reduction programme (MBSR)
- Course led by a certified mindfulness and yoga teacher
- Weekly emails to deepen your learning with insights and reminders
- Lifetime access to over 250 guided meditations with our teachers
It is very important to attend the sessions live. If you cannot make it to one session, you can choose to follow this session in the next in-person or online course.
- The course will be held in English
- The sessions will be organised in our training centre MM81
- Location in a beautiful maison de maitre in the heart of Brussels
- Small group to guarantee safety and interaction
- No special clothes or meditation cushions needed
- A daily time investment of approximately 30 min would be ideal
Early bird rate until 18 September of €399! €449 (incl. VAT) for the 8-week MBSR course, including:
- 8x 2.5 hours sessions
- Comprehensive manual with handouts, worksheets and audio downloads to support your practice
- Weekly emails with insights, reminders and practical tips on how to integrate mindfulness into your life
- Small group for a deeper connection with each other and the teacher
- Availability of the teacher for any mindfulness-related question throughout the course
- Possibility to join online should you fall ill or be in quarantine (or follow the session in the next course)
- Delicious teas at every session
- Lifetime access for over 250 guided meditations and access to the podcasts by our teachers
- 30% discount to join the Day of Nourishment on December 4th (recommended).
Lyuba’s mindfulness course was a real eye opener for me, especially the classes related to the patterns of reactivity to stress and nourishing vs depleting activities. They really taught me how to listen to my body and helped me to re-discover what my body needs when stress or other negative emotions arise.
Past MBSR Course Participant
Mindfulness and yoga teacher Lyuba Byessonova.
Lyuba is a certified mindfulness and yoga teacher. She is trained in MBSR by Brussels Mindfulness after a 2-year intensive teacher training comprising some 350 hours of teaching. She also followed more than 300 hours of yoga teacher training and specialises in hatha yoga and yoga Nidra. She is particularly fascinated by stress and resilience, sleep management, breathwork, and managing energy with yoga and meditation. Lyuba teaches workshops and classes to individuals and companies.