MINDFULNESS-BASED STRESS REDUCTION TEST COURSE
‘The mind can make a Heaven of Hell and a Hell of Heaven’.John Milton
I want to help you stay in Heaven with yourself, your loved ones and the rest of the world.
I believe that mindfulness is an excellent tool for that. The mindfulness-based stress reduction approach (MBSR) was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn back in 1979. Since then, more than 25,000 people have completed this evidence-based programme.
How can MBSR help you?
There are so many benefits to mindfulness. Here are some of them:
- Approach your life with more composure, energy, understanding and enthusiasm
- Develop the ability to cope more effectively with both short-term and long-term stressful situations
- Enhance your ability to manage and reduce pain levels
- Improve your focus, resilience, and capacity to recover more quickly from challenging events
- Learn how to find greater balance, ease, and peace of mind
You can read more about the official MBSR course here.
What is the course structure and commitment?
- Orientation session on September 24, 19:00 – 20:30 (online on Zoom). You will learn more about the programme, ask questions, and make a final decision about whether this programme is right for you. This session is required for enrollment.
- 8 weekly classes (2 h 15 min each week on Zoom), from 19:00 till 21:15 Brussels time.
The dates are October 6, 12, 19, 27, November 3, 10, 17, 24. The classes are on Wednesdays, except one Tuesday.
- One All-day class of mindfulness on November 7 from 9:00 till 15:00 (online on Zoom)
- Daily home practice assignments for 45-60 minutes each day
- You must be willing to make a strong commitment to attend all classes and to practise daily home assignments for eight weeks.
The expected group size is 6 to 12 participants.
What is the cost?
This course will run as a test course as I look to adding it into my offerings. While course fees vary, a typical online MBSR course would start at around 300 euros. I offer this course on a donation basis, and the suggested donation is between 55 and 100 euros.
How to join, and what is the deadline to register?
Step 1: Fill out the form below before September 23 if you consider participating in the course.
Step 2: Attend the Orientation session. If for any reason you can’t attend but are still very motivated to participate in the course, please get in touch with me directly.